Thursday, May 13, 2021

How to File Extensions, Handle Last Minute Rejections & More

 Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions as the filing deadline approaches:

What is the latest time I can still electronically file a return on the day of deadline and still be considered timely filed?

How do I unlink the state return from the federal so that I don’t have to wait for the federal acceptance before I can file my state?

Do I have to e-file an extension for the state?

Taxwise State extensions: Many states do not require a separate form for extensions if the Federal extension form is filed. TaxWise supports electronic filing for some state extensions. If TaxWise does not support e-filing of the state extension, it must be mailed.

How do I create an extension for an Individual return using TaxWise Online?

How do I create an extension for an Individual return using TaxWise Desktop?